Beyond Intractability in Context Blog
Beyond Intractability's efforts to promote more constructive approaches to conflict occur within the larger context of efforts to promote wise and equitable solutions to a broad range of social problems. This blog highlights readable news and opinion articles, "infographics" and reports that help us understand the costs--and hence, urgency -- of the conflict problem, the dynamics that make it so difficult, alternative responses, and innovative success stories about people who have successfully confronted various aspects of the problem in different settings.
There are three ways to participate in this blog:
- Visiting: You can simply drop into the blog here, reading as your interest and time allows.
- Following on Social Media: We are posting all the the BI in Context Blog posts, along with all the other Moving Beyond Intractability Posts on the Beyond Intractability pages on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Information about how to subscribe to those is found on our participation page.
- Subscribe to the BI Newsletter: BI sends out a newsletter about once every two weeks which lists the last two weeks' posts for the BI in Context Blog, along with the two core seminars.
- In-depth profiles of the way in which, without any semblance of due process, "cancel culture" condemnations ruin people's lives. #mbi_context --
- For those willing to consider uncomfortable ideas, an argument that, sometimes, vigorous defense and military solutions may needed. #mbi_context --
- Amid all of our worries about misinformation, an argument that we also want to worry about those who are absolutely convinced that they are right. #mbi_context --
- An in-depth exploration of how the language swirling around efforts to promote "social justice" evolves over time. #mbi_context --
- An investigation into the important, but mysterious, dynamics that tend to give as leaders who are cruel and aggressive. #mbi_context --
The full text of the Beyond Intractability system, external articles cited by the Beyond Intractability In Context, and other useful conflict-related articles can be searched using our Google Custom Search Engine.
We welcome your suggestions of articles and other materials that we should post in this blog. If they are things written by yourself, though, please also consider contributing them to the "Colleague Activities Blog"